17.4.08

Music Is...

It's late Wednesday night - I just got done practicing with the with the newly forming as-yet-unnamed band...


@ The Tonic Room with the incomparable Graham Nelson.
And our group is completed by the guitar stylings of Jin X  
(below, on the right):



You can submit band name suggestions to the growing list, 
two that I'll mention:
Graham & The Crackers
Jin & The Tonics
Especially if you think of a witty "Rebecca & The _______" 
But actually, I'm  the bassist in this particular arrangement, so I don't think we're allowed to name the band after me -there's rules against that kind of thing, unless you have a very cool one-word name (i.e. Sting)

Today I had a "photo shoot" thing  for the school's pr stuff. it was cool, but there I was in Carlson lobby being all laid back and casual for my photo shoot,  doing all of these Michelle- Branchy poses with my awesome guitar, and all of these people were walking by. It's really hard to look artistic and accomplished when there are, like, all these normal everyday people all over the place. Seriously.

 When it was done, Ben Richmond walked by and was like Congrats & mentioned something about an email. I was like O yea that, but actually I was thinking to myself "what email?", so when I got home I checked it out -and the Fulbright story was blowing up everyone's inboxes.
So that's a lot, but now that it's out, it's good because it's time for me to be done thinking about it. It's time to focus on the work that I have now and to prepare for the coming year.
I look around and ask myself, what should I be doing? 
For the time being, it's my music projects, particularly littlethings (more on that another time). I have just a few months before I have to put it aside for a whole year, so until August, I need to focus and really get on that.



1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

I really like your haircut (shown in the first picture of this entry)!