6.6.08

dari sini kesana (from here to there)

From here to there...
let's with a news headline that my mom sent me last week
In Indonesia earlier this month Stranded scuba divers stave off Komodo dragon.




Stave off a Komodo Dragon? That's only the beginning. Enjoy this little cross section of Irian Jaya's (W. Papua's)  beautiful and extreme residents

(thanks to Mangiwau for snapping most of these shots)


I love my parents home, I know and love the woods out back, but I walk through them with a suspicion that some spider is certainly waiting to ambush me and bite my throat, or even worse, crawl on me. That's the Atlantic northeast. This, my first adventure into tropical climes (December stint in Hawaii aside)  should be interesting.

In the mean time, this Friday I leave on the Chasing Brother Angel east coast tour 2008 with Tim Lowly Ensemble. The tour includes an overnight at my parents' house -I get to see my family! And the overnight includes a house show in the back yard! littlethings will open for Lowly Ensemble at my parents' home - can't wait!

Tour dates:
Jun 27 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Jun 28 Warren, Pennsylvania
Jun 29 Clinton, New York
Jun 29 West Monroe, New York
Jun 30 Boston, Massachusetts
Jul 1 New York, New York
Jul 2 Block Island, Rhode Island
Jul 3 Washington DC
Jul 5 Forest, Virginia
Jul 6 Bedford, Virginia

Speaking of littlethings, the demo project is well on it's way. Last night I completed (what I hope will be) the last big recording session for this little four song EP of mine. Will it be done by Friday? Maybe. I hope so. 

So much to do before I take off. Saya upleg berkarya.

Selamat tinggal saudara dan saudari. (goodbye - stay blessed brothers & sister

2 comments:

Matt Nightingale said...

Can't wait to hear the EP, Rebecca... Wish I was on the East Coast this summer to see you live!

Leigh Culbertson said...

I miss you and your halarity.

I am humbled by your journey out east. I hope the tour goes well, I am so sad that I have to miss it.

Love Leigh