hey that reminds me...Did I ever tell you the story of my encounter with greatness on tour this summer?
This is not an Indonesia story, but it's the reason I took the Tarzan picture... and it goes like this:
We (Tim Lowly Ensemble plus artist people) were leaving NYC the morning after our show at Piano's and on our way to Block Island (where we had a show that evening). We got out a little late and the traffic was bad. I was worried that we weren't going to make it to the boat on time, and then we'd be stuck on the mainland... no concert.
En route we constructed this master plan where the group would just barely (if we were luck, and we were.) make it on the boat with all of the gear and music equipment. Laura and I would stay behind, park the cars and take a highspeed ferry that ran a little later.
We made it just in time to actually get the people and all the equipment on board in time. Success!
Laura and I got in the cars to go park. I was still riding the we-made-it-adrenaline euphoria as I pulled out of the Point Judith Ferry parking lot and turned the wrong way down that one-way street. Traffic was pretty sparse at the moment (hey where are the lines?) but a guy in a big white pickup pulled up, rolled down his window...
(annoyed) This is a one way street; you're going the wrong way.
I'm sorry, thank you. (embarrassed)
(in my mind) s * * * !! and then, oh no, and Laura's behind me... and then Hey, that guy's Tony Goldwyn...
We got the cars turned around and started driving the right way toward parking. I called up Laura and apologized. She had suffered the exact same fate... the realization. the panic. the celebrity traffic reprimand.
I was like, do you know who that was????
She didn't. I wouldn't have either except that he had a cameo in an episode of the L Word that I had seen the week before. And my cousin used to babysit for his kids.
The end.
This morning at the hotel I asked for coffee in Bahasa. Boleh saya minta kopi? (so proud of me)
And when she asked me if i wanted regular (bukan dekaf) I looked up smiling and said "sí."
I mean, um... ya
1 comment:
oh tony goldwyn!!!!
what an excellent brush with fame, great post, i miss you!
Post a Comment