You state-side readers may think that R.Kelly is best kept away from children (and I don't blame you), but in Indonesia his latest headlines are not as well known as his songs, so last week my English classes learned the song "World's Greatest".
I'm an English Teaching Assistant: I teach, but I'm not the teacher. I'm here as a counterpart and a resource for English teachers in Indonesia. I am a native speaker - a model for "real English". My specialty i is using popular music as a way to teach spoken (and sung) English and to engage my students in critical thinking. If they can connect to English in an authentic way, the words become more than vocabulary, they take on meaning and that's when English becomes language.
Young at heart
-
I think I'll always be young at heart. A tent over my bead, bright colors,
song and dance, banners. I hope this never stops.
1 comment:
this is beautiful - you know i almost started speaking in tongues! the alchemy of mere words being spun into language? oh my god, go ahead!
Post a Comment