2.3.09

Rebecca On Earth

Another weekend on the mountain. This cold morning I see no one else but me. I missed my shuttle for lack of understanding Indonesian directions, too proud to ask until I understand, what I tell my students to do. I have an hour and my camera. The day is just begun in Tembagapura. I cannot see the sun but the whole sky is turning from gray to white with all that mist is still tangled in the mountain tops. 

Soft light, soft on my feet. I am hunting with my zoom. The drainage stream has turned into a waterfall.

I look up and see that I am not alone. Kings past and present watch my every move. I watch the ground. I choose my steps carefully, but I am walking nowhere, looking for nothing.












This is waiting, the sacred space in between. I don't know what to do and I have nowhere to go. These are the moments of openness, when I stop moving through the world. I see and move in the world, and feel connection. This is what it's like to be on earth. 



for the perspective of someone who really knows about the in between,






No comments: