But I feel that I'm getting ahead of myself, because I've had trouble laying any words down about what a normal day is like...
I'm at the music school a couple of days out of the week. Three days of the week I'm teaching early childhood music, and in particular Saturdays and Sundays are busy with choir and lessons, since these are times that people are free for extracurricular music lessons.
I'm starting tabla lessons this week with Mr. Partha Sir. What i know so far is that since it's two drums, they actually each have a different name. The tiny one is tabla and the bigger one is called dagga. The tabla is wooden, and the dagga is nickel coated brazzmatazz, a little blingy, and they both produce a pitch which is very awesome.
Since I'm here, and with a camera, and writing on the normal, everyday parts of life....
The one on the left is what you see when you come in the front door. Futon on the left and what you can't see, is a door right next to it that leads to one of the THREE balconies! the other two are off the bedrooms. Door on the left wall leads to the big bedroom, and in front of it, there's a map of bangalore on the wall. I've come to appreciate Chicago's gridyness, in a city where people give directions like go straight down roads that do not go straight. The middle doorway is the small bedroom, and to the right is the doorway, and through it, the kitchen window. The main room also has a little corner that can't be seen, with a little maroon fridge and a bookshelf.
In the other pic on the right, you see the main door (left corner) and a door out to balcony #1.
And that is what the space looks like when people are having their coffee/tea and starting the day
(l to r: maya cousin of tara, tara, rebecca).
No comments:
Post a Comment