Had my first tabla lesson today. Taa TTaa and Kaa Kaa. Mr. Partha Tabla Sir seems like a good man, i think he's Bengali, his wife is nice and when he played today, his hands were blurring they were moving so fast.
Tara just filed her taxes. I need to do that. But sitting through it once was enough.
And speaking of forms, my free time has included some scholarship apps. Back to school in the fall!
But all that's over and done because I am theoretically practicing tabla 2 hours/day.
I have also been working on cooking, and now that we have a stove, this endeavoure (the kind you eat) has gained TEETH. tonight i made palak paneer. from scratch! - which, boringly put, is "spinach-y cheese cubes." instead of using a pre-mixed mix, I mixed it up myself. form scratch! And some brown but not brown rice - called Kerala rice. brown like it's namesakes the Keralese, people from Kerala. with nice rice, and also something else delicious called Kerala Parota... flat bread that pulls in flaky circles and tastes good with almost anything. but not as a mexican chicken wrap. lesson learned!
Young at heart
-
I think I'll always be young at heart. A tent over my bead, bright colors,
song and dance, banners. I hope this never stops.
No comments:
Post a Comment