Just realized that I left you high and dry on the Indonesian food for BSM story...
A good food story doesn't end when it's ready, it's about the people who enjoy it together. Aruna said that it took an American to come to India, and bring Indonesian food. Strange, but actually true. Indonesian cuisine hasn't been introduced to the same degree as Thai, the token SEAsian food most people enjoy or at least recognize.
It was also Sarah's first day at the music school. Shiva brought out the hugest Laddu (follow the Ladd link for a great blog entry by someone smart, on why people bring Laddu from tirupati) I have ever seen, a sweet ball of jaggery and cashew nuts, brought from Tirupati, outside Bangalore. We all shared the famously delicious BSM black tea, and shortcut-to-diabetes Indian dessert, gulab jamun.
I think the reason I love cooking is that food is something so easy to share, and meals such a great opportunity to come together.
No comments:
Post a Comment